If you have a passion for raising and riding horses, there’s no better place than Montana to settle down. Montana isn’t just one of the most beautiful Midwestern states with a vibrant cultural history; it’s also one of the most affordable places to live and one of the best places to raise a family.
If your family happens to include a few four-legged friends, it isn’t hard to find the perfect horse property for sale in Montana. With plenty of sprawling fields and fresh air, Montana horse properties provide the best natural environment possible for breeding and raising horses (not to mention plenty of festivals, rodeos, and shows where you and your horses can let loose and have some fun).
Here are just a few things you’ll want to keep in mind while you’re browsing for a horse property for sale in Montana:
- First, most property buyers look for horse properties that provide the perfect the combination of city accessibility and wide-open country space. Many residents look for properties near the state’s capital, Helena, but other popular metro areas center around the bustling college town of Bozeman, the historical Miles City, and Butte, Billings, Great Falls, and Missoula.
- Now let’s get into some quick stats to give you an idea about what you’ll find in Montana:
- According to 2014 data from the U.S. Census Bureau, the population of Montana numbers just over 1 million.
- The percentage of residents with a high school diploma (or higher) between 2009 and 2013 is 92.1% — well above the national rate.
- Homeownership rates are just over 68%, which is about 4% higher than national rates.
- On average, the cost of living in Montana is about 6% lower than the national cost of living, primarily because so many residents are able to live off the land and take advantage of the abundant natural resources available.
- And last but not least, the most important detail: your horses! Don’t let the sheer size of Montana scare you away; even though there are only 6.8 persons per square mile of land, there are plenty of horses to keep anyone company. The extensive number of horse properties for sale in Montana really is indicative of how much Montana residents love and respect these animals. You won’t have any trouble finding a great veterinarian, multiple supply stores, and stables that can be rented out.
Not everyone is suited for life in Montana, but if you’re already interested in finding a horse property for sale in Montana, then we’re pretty confident that the perfect house is waiting for you.