Coastal Country Retreat
California Country Estate with Garden, Orchards, Lush Oaks and Stunning Home
With a coveted Park Lane address, this timeless and exquisitely updated English Tudor revival is a 3.3-acre wonderland unto itself. Expansive and picturesque, this inimitable estate takes the best of classic English architecture, and pairs it with the modern luxuries of Montecito, nestled in one of the California’s most private and exclusive neighborhoods.
This stately and enduring treasure is a signature of California’s famed architect, Chester Carjola. Built in 1932, it is considered to be one of Carjola’s most important designs. Updated to today’s standards, it remains the setting where only a few fortunate families have created lasting memories.
Comprising seven bedrooms and eight bathrooms, this estate is approximately 7,170 square feet. The property invokes the serenity of the European countryside, while offering the unique advantage of both ocean and mountain views.
Lush and beautiful old oaks surround the residence. Natural stone pathways meander through a wonderland of color and landscaped grounds filled with fragrant roses, stone walls, a fruit orchard and vegetable garden (all fed by the onsite well). A playground and two-story studio and guest quarters complete this storybook setting.
• Grand entry hall
• Large living room with stone fireplace
• Floor-to-ceiling windows with leaded glass and French doors
• Overlooking the gorgeous lawns and gardens
• Light-flooded, stately dining room with ocean views
• Remodeled kitchen with top-of-the-line appliances
• Family room, butler’s pantry and separate laundry room
• Pine-paneled library with speakeasy bar plus main floor guest suite
• Master suite with ocean views and adjacent office
• Bedroom wing with playroom or additional bedroom
• Secret hideaway upstairs suite with gym area
• Detached 2-story guest quarters and studio
• Multiple outdoor entertaining spaces
• Minutes from Montecito Union School