Pristine California Ranch with Agricultural and Recreational Opportunities
DOWNLOAD RANCHO DUE DILIGENCE DOCUMENTS
Perhaps the last of its kind, Rancho Monte Alegre offers more than 3,000 pristine acres ideally set between Santa Barbara and Montecito. Once frequented by Hollywood elite, the historic homestead overlooks the Pacific Ocean and backs to the Los Padres National Forest. A premier opportunity for private ranch living or developing into a choice community of carefully selected home sites, this sprawling coastal acreage with stunning mountain views features access to The Franklin Trail, pristine creeks and waterfalls, as well as lemon and avocado orchards. Additionally, plans exist for miles of private hiking and equestrian trails.
Ideally set just minutes from downtown Santa Barbara and celeb-studded Montecito, the majestic Rancho Monte Alegre offers an irreplaceable opportunity for dream ranch living along the coveted ‘American Riviera’. Divine ocean and mountain views, miles of planned private hiking and equestrian trails, pristine creeks and waterfalls, and even an orchard of lemon and avocado trees are found among the more than 3,000 unspoiled acres of this historic homestead once frequented by Hollywood elite. This expansive acreage located near the famously scenic Pacific Highway and surrounded by Los Padres National Forest may well be the last of its kind, perfect for a sprawling, legacy coastal ranch or to cultivate into a choice community of carefully selected home sites including 2,700 acres of permanent preserve and agricultural land.
1. Expansive acreage near ocean & mountains
2. Personal & development opportunities
3. Bordered by Los Padres National Forest
4. Mins from Santa Barbara & Montecito
Santa Barbara & Montecito
Since the 1880s, the fabulous have flocked to this special seaside haven made up of coastal communities, each with their own charm. Santa Barbara is home to rich history, a cosmopolitan downtown, world-class entertainment, and serves as the gateway to Santa Barbara wine country. Known for its amazing beaches, including Fernald’s Point and Miramar and Butterfly Beaches, Montecito is a hub for surfing, sailing or just soaking up the nearly year-round perfect weather.
• 3,000+ total acres in the coastal foothills of Santa Barbara region
• 2,700+ acre conservation easement | Restricted to agricultural use and to protect natural open space
• Includes 30 total lots | 17 are buildable and individually taxed/titled and range from 40-150 acres each | Four of the buildable lots have all necessary backbone infrastructure and designated residential building envelopes in place
• Well-suited for development or as a private ranch | HOA in place
• Ocean vistas and stunning mountain views
• Surrounded by Los Padres National Forest
• Pristine creeks and waterfalls | Avocado and lemon orchards
• The Franklin Trail runs along the eastern edge of the property
• Private hiking and horse trails are planned
• 12 miles from downtown Santa Barbara | 7 miles from Montecito