New Colorado Recreational Ranch Offering Excellent Hunting, Fishing and Seclution
Located just 10 minutes off pavement on well-maintained county road, 20 minutes from Weston and just 40 minutes from Trinidad makes Wilderness Ridge easily accessible from Denver and Colorado Springs as well as Raton, New Mexico.
- Weston, Colorado – 20 minutes
- Trinidad, Colorad0 – 40 Minutes
- Trinidad Lake State Park – 30 minutes
- Purgatoire River – 25 minutes
- Denver, Colorado – 3.5 hours
- Colorado Springs, Colorado – 2.5 hours
- Raton, New Mexico – 1 hour 40 minutes
Access to property is provided via well maintained county road.
Elevation, Topography, Vegetation
Wilderness Ridge offers a variety of terrain from ridge tops at an elevation of about 8100 feet to to valley bottomland at around 7800 feet. Majority of property is timbered with rock ridges and outcroppings and falls away to green valley bottomland.
The property as a domestic well and wet weather stream.
Wilderness Ridge is nicely improved with an A-frame home with loft and 2 bedroom, 1 bath guest house with hot tub room. In addition, there is plenty of storage in the 2 car garage with workshop to store and work on all your toys and projects.
Wilderness Ridge makes an excellent hunting retreat as well; whether hunting the property or public land. The property lies in GMU 85.
- Over-the-counter Archery Either Sex or Antlerless tags
- Over-the-counter 2nd and 3rd Rifle
- Draw only for Muzzleloader and 1st Rifle
- Draw only
- Mountain Lion
Great fishing opportunities are just a short distance from the property. There is excellent trout fishing on the Purgatoire River in the headwaters between Stonewall and Weston. Lake Trinidad (Link for more info) offers fishing opportunities for other fish species, as well.
- Brown Trout
- Rainbow Trout
- Largemouth Bass
- Blue Gill
- Channel Catfish
- Horseback Riding
- Four Wheeling
……and much more!
Water and Power
The property has a water well and power is on site.
Owner does not believe any minerals owned.
- A-frame home with loft and bathroom
- 2-bedroom, 1-bath guesthouse with hot tub room
- 2-car garage with wood-burning stove
- Storage shed